2018 ushered in the largest tax law changes since 1986 known as the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017. And it was not just about a few tax bracket changes. This sweeping tax reform legislation is poised to dramatically impact nearly every taxpayer—from individuals and families to corporations, pass-through entities and estates.
In March, John Hyre and Dyches Boddiford presented a webinar, totaling 8 hours, covering what every investor and business person needs to know about the new tax law. Again, this is information specific to the real estate investor and business entrepreneur that you need NOW to enjoy tax savings starting in 2018. Not planning now could easily cost you deductions for 2018.
Beginning in 2018, many taxpayers can deduct 20% of their qualifying income before figuring their tax bill. At first glance the rules are confusing. But this presentation walks you through the rules with examples to help you understand just how they affect your business and investments.
And with all these new rules, we discuss the best ways to structure your entities and sole proprietorship’s to take advantage of them. This is something you need to do in 2018 and not wait to a later tax year.
- Are regular rental activities reported on Schedule E, part of Qualifying Business Income (QBI)?
- Can home office be taken on Schedule E for rental real estate?
- Should specified service businesses where income exceeds thresholds, change to C-Corps?
- How should lending be done to take advantage of the 20% QBI deduction?
- Do we deduct for reasonable compensation before calculating the 20% deduction for a Schedule C filer?
- What is meant by S Corp shareholder compensation? Does it include wages paid to the shareholder by the S Corp? How about other wages and benefits?
- Is there a significant tax saving strategy to follow when paying Schedule C income to the owners’ children who work for the business?
- When does a C Corp. make more sense than an S Corp. for tax savings?
- When using an entity structure could substitute for a pension plan?
- What are the sunset provisions and end dates?
- What are the great new expanded expensing and depreciation deductions?
This is your opportunity to learn the loopholes and strategies found in the new tax law to save thousands in taxes for 2018 and subsequent years. This webinar is presented by two real estate investors who will be taking advantage of the rules immediately. Join them to gain the benefits as well!
The webinar was presented in four sessions, each two hours in length for a total of 8 full hours. Participants in the original sessions asked questions that were also answered as part of the sessions.
The webinar is $297. For this you will get an in-depth look at strategies and loopholes in the new law, over 100 slides used in the presentation and answers asked during the original broadcast. Consider the fact that this is less than one hour consulting with either John or Dyches!
Grab the recordings today!